A/2, Jahurul Islam Avenue
Jahurul Islam City, Aftabnagar
PhD., Analytical Chemistry, Environment Energy Mass Spectrometry Lab, Department of Chemistry, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, South Korea
M.Sc., Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh
B.Sc., Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Thamina Acter obtained Ph.D degree in Chemistry from Environmental Energy Mass Spectrometry Lab, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, South Korea in 2017. Thamina’s PhD and postdoc research works was on analysis of petroleum compounds with high resolution mass spectrometry facilities, developing analytical tools and applying them to study heteroatom compounds in petroleum. Subsequently, her research has applied these principles in studies of different crude oils and hydro treated oils. Her Master’s thesis work was based on the removal of heavy metals from contaminated ground water using low cost adsorbents.
Thamina joined as Assistant Professor of Chemistry in Department of Mathematical and Physical Sciences, East West University in September, 2019. Thamina is an analytical and environmental chemist. Her research interests include application of instrumental approaches like High Resolution Mass Spectrometry (HR-MS), Liquid Chromatography coupled to Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS), Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AAS), Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS) etc; characterization of petroleum compounds in spilled-oil/bio-oil/treated-oil/refined oil; behavior of pollutants like heavy metals in the environment (i.e., soil, plants, sediments and water); Evaluation of the impact of pollutants on ecosystems as well as for human health; remediation of pollutants from contaminated ground or surface water; fundamentally focus on understanding behavior of potentially harmful elements and compounds in urban and rural environments in both terrestrial and aquatic systems.
Thamina published 9 research articles including one review article in high impact factor peer-reviewed international journals. Her H-index is 5.
September 2019-Present, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematical and Physical Sciences (MPS), East West University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
January 2019-August 2019, Part-time Lecturer, Institute of Leather Engineering and Technology (ILET), University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh
September 2017-October 2018, Post-doctoral Research Fellow, Environmental Energy Mass Spectrometry Lab, Department of Chemistry, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, South Korea
1. Acter, T.; Uddin, N.; Kim, S.; Chapter 12: Molecular structure characterization of crude oil and its products by mass spectrometry, (Book Title: The Chemistry of Oil and Petroleum Products; Editor: Merv Fingas; Published in Berlin, Boston; Publisher: De Gruyter), 2022. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/9783110694529
2. Acter, T.; Uddin, N.; Cho, E.; Riches, E.; Giustiee, P.; Afonso, C.; Kim, S.; Ion mobility mass spectrometry for structural elucidation of petroleum compounds. Trends in Analytical Chemistry (Impact factor: 9.8), 15 March 2022, 151, 116597. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trac.2022.116597
3. Cho, E.; Acter, T.; Uddin, N., Kim, S.; Analysis of coffee bean with laser desorption ionization high-resolution mass spectrometry. Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society (Impact factor: 0.969), 30 January 2022, 438-443. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/bkcs.12477
4. Acter, T.; Uddin, N.; Solihat, N. N.; Kim, S.; Application of Laser-Desorption Silver-Ionization Ultrahigh-Resolution Mass Spectrometry for Analysis of Petroleum Samples Subjected to Hydrotreating. Energy & Fuels (Impact Factor: 3.421), September 9, 2021, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.energyfuels.1c01824
5. Mokarom Hossain, M.; Arif Chowdhury, M.; Jawad Hossain, M.; Harun-Ar Rashid, M.; Acter, T.; Nuruzzaman Khan, M.; Mahatabuddin, S.; Uddin, N.; Heavy Metal Pollution in the Soil-Vegetable System of Tannery Estate. Environmental Nanotechnology, Monitoring & Management (Impact Factor: 3.72), 13 August 2021: p. 100557. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enmm.2021.100557
6. Uddin, N.; Acter, T.; Chapter 1 - An overview of global epidemics and the challenges faced (Book title-Leveraging Artificial Intelligence in Global Epidemics, Editor(s): Le Gruenwald, Sarika Jain, Sven Groppe), Academic Press, 6 August 2021, 1-27, ISBN: 9780323897778, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-323-89777-8.00011-7
7. Choudhury, T. R.; Acter, T. (2nd Author); Uddin, N.; Kamal, M.; Chowdhury, M. S.; Rahman, S.; Heavy metals contamination of river water and sediments in the mangrove forest ecosystems in Bangladesh: A consequence of oil spill incident. Environmental Nanotechnology, Monitoring & Management (Impact Factor: 3.72), 2021, 16, 100484. DOI: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S2215153221000593;
8. Rashid, M. H.; Acter, T. (2nd Author); Uddin, N.; Rahim, M. A.; Hossain, M. B.; Feasibility study of beetroot cultivation and sale in Bangladesh; Journal of Agricultural Research Advances, 2020, 2(4), 01-11; DOI: https://jara.org.in/archive/feasibility-study-of-beetroot-cultivation-and-sale-in-bangladesh
9. Acter, T. (1st Author); Uddin, N.; Das, J.; Akhter, A.; Choudhury, T. R.; Kim, S.; Evolution of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) as coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic: A global health emergency; Science of The Total Environment (Impact Factor: 5.58), 2020, 730, 138996. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.138996;
10. Acter, T. (1st Author); Solihat, N. N.; Kim, S.; Uddin, N.; Mustafa, A. I.; Shamsuddin, S. M.; Kim, S.; Application of silver-assisted laser desorption ionization ultrahigh-resolution mass spectrometry for the speciation of sulfur compounds; Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry (Impact Factor: 3.637), 2020, 412, 243-255. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00216-019-02272-5;
11. Ahmed, A.; Islam, S.; Solihat, N. N.; Acter, T. (4th Author); Kim, S.; Systematic investigation into the differences in the (+) APPI efficiencies of positional (Ortho, Meta, and Para) isomers. Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society (Impact Factor: 0.602); 2019, 40(11), 1062-1067. DOI: 10.1002/bkcs.11869;
12. Solihat, N.; Acter, T. (2nd Author); Kim, D.; Plante, A.; Kim, S.; Analyzing solid-phase natural organic matter using laser desorption ionization ultrahigh resolution mass spectrometry. Analytical Chemistry (Impact Factor: 6.785); 2019, 91(1), 951-957. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.analchem.8b04032;
13. Kostyukevich, Y.; Acter, T. (Co-1st author); Zherebker, A.; Ahmed, A.; Kim, S.; Nikolaev, E; Hydrogen/Deuterium exchange in mass spectrometry. Mass spectrometry reviews (Impact Factor 8.89); 2018, 37, 811-853; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/mas.21565;
14. Acter, T. (1st Author); Lee, S.; Cho, E.; Jung, MJ; Kim, S.; Design and validation of in-source atmospheric pressure photoionization hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectrometry with continuous feeding of D2O. Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry (Impact Factor 3.202), 2018, 29 (1), 85-94; DOI: https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1007/s13361-017-1831-8;
15. Acter, T. (1st Author); Kim, D.; Ahmed, A.; Ha JH; Kim, S.; Application of atmospheric pressure photoionization H/D-exchange mass spectrometry for speciation of sulfur-containing compounds. Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry (Impact Factor 3.202), 2017, 28(8), 1687-1695; DOI: https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1007/s13361-017-1678-z.
16. Acter, T. (1st Author); Kim, D.; Ahmed, A.; Jin, J.M.; Yim, U.H.; Shim, W.J.; Kim, Y.H.; Kim, S.; Optimization and Application of atmospheric pressure chemical and photoionization hydrogen–deuterium exchange mass spectrometry for speciation of oxygen-containing compounds. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry (Impact Factor 3.637), 2016, 408, 3281–3293; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00216-016-9399-x;
17. Acter, T. (1st Author); Cho, Y., Kim, S.; Ahmed, A.; Kim, B.; Kim, S.; Optimization and application of APCI hydrogen–deuterium exchange mass spectrometry (HDX MS) for the speciation of nitrogen compounds. Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry (Impact Factor 3.202), 2015, 26, 1522–1531; DOI: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13361-015-1166-2;
Basics on Chemical Solutions, Chemical Bonding, Chemical Equilibrium, Acids and Bases, Red-ox reactions, Electrochemistry, Lipids, Carbohydrates, Organic Chemistry