Faculty Members Publication
Conference & Seminars
- M. Khan and J. E. Rice, “Ternary Max-Min algebra for representation of reversible logic functions,” In Proc. IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), pp. 1670–1673, Montreal, Canada, May 2016.
- M. Khan and J. E. Rice, “Synthesis of reversible logic functions using ternary Max-Min algebra,” In Proc. IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), pp. 1674–1677, Montreal, Canada, May 2016.
Conference & Seminars
- Sheikh Muhammad Sarwar, Mahamudul Hasan, Masum Billal, and Dmitry Ignatov, “Similiraty Aggregation for Collaborative Filtering”, The 4th International Conference on Analysis of Images, Social Networks, and Texts, pages: 224-235, 9th – 11thApril, 2015, Yekaterinburg, Russia.
- Falguni Roy, Sheikh Muhammad Sarwar, and Mahamudul Hasan, “User Similarity Computation for Collaborative Filtering Using Dynamic Implicit Trust”, The 4th International Conference on Analysis of Images, Social Networks, and Texts, pages: 236-242, 9th – 11th April, 2015, Yekaterinburg, Russia.
- Sheikh Muhammad Sarwar, Mahamudul Hasan, Dmitry I. Ignatov “Two-stage Cascaded Classifier for Purchase Prediction. CoRR abs/1508.03856 (2015).
- Mahamudul Hasan, Shibbir Ahmed, Deen Md. Abdullah, and Md. Shamimur Rahman “Graduate School Recommender System: Assisting Admission Seekers to Apply for Graduate Studies in Appropriate Graduate Schools”, 5th International Conference on Informatics, Electronics & Vision, pages: 502-507, 13th -14th May, 2016, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Mahamudul Hasan, Shibbir Ahmed, Muhammad Ariful Islam Malik, Shabbir Ahmed, “A Comprehensive Approach towards User-Based Collaborative Filtering Recommender System“, International Workshop on Computational Intelligence, pages: 159-164, 12th -13th December, 2016, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Shibbir Ahmed, Mahamudul Hasan, Anika Tabassum, Rahnuma Tasnim, “Discovering Knowledge regarding Academic Profile of Students Pursuing Graduate Studies in World’s Top Universities”, International Workshop on Computational Intelligence, pages: 120-125, 12th -13th December, 2016, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Anika Tabassum, Mahamudul Hasan, Shibbir Ahmed, Rahnuma Tasmin, Deen Md. Abdullah and Tasnim Musharrat, “University Ranking Prediction System by Analyzing Influential Global Performance Indicators”, 9th International Conference on Knowledge and Smart Technology, 1st – 4th February, 2017, Pattaya, Thailand.
- Shibbir Ahmed, Mahamudul Hasan, Nazmul Hoq, Muhammad Abdullah Adnan, “User Interaction Analysis to Recommend Suitable Jobs in Career-Oriented Social Networking Sites“, 3rd International Conference on Data and Software Engineering, 26th – 27th October, 2016, Bali, Indonesia.
Journal & Conference
- Mir Moynuddin Ahmed Shibly, Tahmina Akter Tisha, Md Kamrul Islam, and Md Mohsin Uddin. "Transfer Learning in Classifying Prescriptions and Keyword-based Medical Notes." In Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Information Integration and Web-based Applications & Services, pp. 82-90. 2020. https://dl.acm.org/doi/abs/10.1145/3428757.3429139
- Md. Mohsin Uddin, Monica Yasmin, M Saddam Hossain Khan, Md Istianatur Rahman, and Tabassum Islam, "Detecting Bengali Spam SMS Using Recurrent Neural Network," Journal of Communications vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 325-331, April 2020. Doi: 10.12720/jcm.15.4.325-331. https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=57215586209
- Shaykh Siddique, Tahmid Ahmed, Md. Rifayet Azam Talukder, and Md. Mohsin Uddin, "English to Bangla Machine Translation Using Recurrent Neural Network," International Journal of Future Computer and Communication vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 46-51, 2020. DOI: 10.18178/ijfcc.2020.9.2.564
- Md. Mohsin Uddin, Nazmus Sakib Patwary, Md. Mohaiminul Hasan, Tanvir Rahman, and Mir Tanveer Islam, "End-To-End Neural Network for Paraphrased Question Answering Architecture with Single Supporting Line in Bangla Language," International Journal of Future Computer and Communication vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 52-56, 2020. DOI: 10.18178/ijfcc.2020.9.3.565
- Rana, M., Uddin, M. M., & Hoque, M. M. (2019, December). Effects of Activation Functions and Optimizers on Stock Price Prediction using LSTM Recurrent Networks. In Proceedings of the 2019 3rd International Conference on Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence (pp. 354-358). https://doi.org/10.1145/3374587.3374622
- Hasan, M., Hasan, M. T., Reza, M. S., Akonda, M. N., Khan, M. S. H., & Uddin, M. M. (2019, April). A Comprehensive Collaborative Filtering Approach using Autoencoder in Recommender System. In Proceedings of the 2019 5th International Conference on Computing and Artificial Intelligence (pp. 185-189). https://doi.org/10.1145/3330482.3330518
- Chali, Yllias, and Mohsin Uddin. “Multi-document summarization based on atomic semantic events and their temporal relationships.” In 38th European Conference on Information Retrieval, pp. 366-377. Springer, Cham, 2016. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-30671-1_27
- Aryabhatta S., Guha Roy T., Uddin M.M., Rahman M.S. (2011) On Graceful Labelings of Trees. In: Katoh N., Kumar A. (eds) WALCOM: Algorithms and Computation. 5th International Workshop, WALCOM 2011. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 6552. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg. https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.5555/1966169.1966199
1. Dognini P, Killoran PM, Hanson GS, Halsall L, Chaudhry T, Islam Z, Giuntini F, Coxon CR. Using 19F NMR and two‐level factorial design to explore thiol‐fluoride substitution in hexafluorobenzene and its application in peptide stapling and cyclisation. Journal of Peptide Sciences. 2020 Jul 9:e24182.
2. Islam Z, Fardous J, Hasan J, Khalil I, Rivu S, Arafat M. An Approach to Determine the Effect of Proton Pump Inhibitors Intake on Calcium Absorption in Blood. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Research,2019, 16(4):392-399
3. Joy AC, Das P, Islam Z, Priya RJ, Pervez N, Nahid IH, Islam RA, Rahmatullah M. Ethnomedicinal plants of Rakhain tribal communities of two areas of Patuakhali district, Bangladesh. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 2014, 6(11):550-555
4. Pervez N, Nahid IH, Das P, Islam Z, Islam RA, Priya RJ, Joy AC, Rahmatullah M. A randomized survey of ethnomedicinal plants used in Patuakhali district, Bangladesh. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 2014, 6(12):118-122
- Sadia Nowrin, Papiya Nazneen and Lafifa Jamal, “Design of a Compact Reversible Read-Only-Memory with MOS Transistors”, International Journal of VLSI Design and Communication Systems (VLSICS), Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 69-84, October, 2015.
Conference & Seminars
Sadia Nowrin, Lafifa Jamal and Humayra Tasnim, “An Efficient Approach to Design A Reversible Signed Multiplier”, TENCON, IEEE- Region 10 Conference, Bangkok, Thailand, pp. 1-6, October, 2014.
Sadia Nowrin, Lafifa Jamal and Hafiz Md. Hasan Babu, “Design of an Optimized Reversible Bidirectional Barrel Shifter, 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), Montreal, QC, pp. 730-733, May, 2016.
Protecting Big Data through Microaggregation Technique for Secured Cyber-Physical Systems
S. M. Tonni, S. Parvin, A. Gawanmeh and J. Jackson, “Protecting Big Data through Microaggregation Technique for Secured Cyber-Physical Systems,” in “Cyber-Physical Systems for Next Generation Networks”, IGI Global, Hershey, PA, USA, May 2018, pp. 99-120.
Securing Big Data Efficiently through Microaggregation Technique
S. M. Tonni, M. Z. Rahman, S. Parvin and A. Gawanmeh, “Securing Big Data Efficiently through Microaggregation Technique,” 2017 IEEE 37th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems Workshops (ICDCSW), Atlanta, GA, USA, 2017, pp. 125-130. doi: 10.1109/ICDCSW.2017.65,
BFM: a forward backward string matching algorithm with improved shifting for information retrieval
M. O. Al-Faruk K. M. Hussain, M. A. Shahriar and S. M. Tonni, “BFM: a forward-backwards string matching algorithm with improved shifting for information retrieval”, In International Journal of Information Technology, Oct. 2019, issn: 2511-2112, doi:10.1007/s41870-019-00371-1.
Data and model dependencies of membership inference attack
Tonni, S. M., Vatsalan, D., Farokhi, F., Kaafar, D., Lu, Z., & Tangari, G. "Data and model dependencies of membership inference attack." arXiv preprint arXiv:2002.06856 (2020).
International Journal Publications
- Tasnim T., Al-Mamun M.M.A., Ahmed M.U., Nahid N.A., Islam M.R., Apu M.N.H., Rabbi S.N.I., Nahar Z., Chowdhury J.A., Islam M.S., Hasnat A., Genetic variants of SULT1A1 and XRCC1 genes and risk of Lung Cancer in Bangladeshi population. Tumor Biology, November 2017:1-8, DOI: 10.1177/1010428317729270
- Tasnim T. and Hasan M.M., Comparative quality evaluation of different Olmesartan medoxomil generic tablets marketed in Bangladesh. Int. J. Adv. Res. 5(7), 1403-1410, July 2017, DOI:10.21474/IJAR01/4852.
- Islam, Z., Tahsin, M. R., Ullah Faisal, A., Islam Tithi, T., Tasnim Nova, T., Sharif Nila, T., … Amran, M. S. (2019). In vivo Assessment of Antidiabetic Potential and Mapping of Pharmacological Properties of Ethanolic Extract of Leaves of Coccinia grandis on Alloxan-induced Diabetic Rats. Asian Journal of Advanced Research and Reports, 1–9. doi:10.9734/ajarr/2019/v7i230169.
- Rashid, M. M. U., Ahmed, I., Islam, M. A., Tasnim, T., Nahid, N. A., Apu, M. N. H., … Hasnat, A. (2020). Influence of TPMT polymorphisms on azathioprine-induced myelosuppression in Bangladeshi patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Drugs & Therapy Perspectives, 36(5), 202–207. doi:10.1007/s40267-020-00716-y.
- Mostofa, R., Begum, R., Wang, H., Begum, M. M., Karim, R., Begum, T., … Nova, T. T. (2020). Correction to: Promising anitidiabetic potential of Cuscuta reflexa leaves methanol extract in alloxaninduced diabetic rats. Clinical Phytoscience, 6(1). doi:10.1186/s40816-020-00208-6.
- Association of SULT1A1 and XRCC1 gene polymorphism with lung cancer risk in Bangladeshi population. 1st International GCSTMR Congress in Dhaka, Bangladesh on Feb 2017.
- Clinical and Laboratory Characteristics of sepsis in Children under Five with Pneumonia. International conference on public health & society in Kathmandu, Nepal on October, 2019.
- A Comparative Analysis between the Scopes and Situations of Homeopathic and Allopathic Practitioners in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Multidisciplinary International Conference on the Social and Life Sciences in Dhaka, Bangladesh on February, 2020.
- Disposal Practices of Unused and Leftover Medicines in the Households of Dhaka Metropolis: A Case Report. Multidisciplinary International Conference on the Social and Life Sciences in Dhaka, Bangladesh on February, 2020.
- Saha, R. K., Mir, H., Md, A., Nandi, T., & Md, A. R. (2015). Phylogenetic Tree and Antiviral Resistance Analysis of Neuraminidase Gene of Influenza A Virus in H5N1 Strains Found in 2005-2007. Translational Biomedicine.
- Saha, R. K., Nandi, T., Nahar, K., Talukdar, A. A., & Nandi, P. C. (2016). Phytochemical and biological investigation of VLC fraction of Senna alata leaves. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 5(3), 55-61.
- Rahman, M. A., Karim, M. F. B., Nandi, T., Adib, K. I., Parvin, R., & Mahmud, M. S. (2016). Coating Efficiency in Preventing Photolytic Degradation of Two Randomly Selected Brands of Metoprolol Tartrate. International Journal Of Pharmaceutical Sciences And Drug Research, 8(2), 83-86.
- Nandi, T., Rahman, M. A., Hossain, M. K., Pavel, O. F., & Sultana, R. (2016). In-vitro comparative dissolution study of different brands of Ranitidine hydrochloride tablets available in Bangladesh. International Journal Of Sciences And Applied Research, 3(7), 14-20.
- Rahman, M.A., Biswas, K., Nandi, T., Ashraf, T. & Islam, S. (2016) Eating Disorder: Influences of Hormones and Vitamins. Advances in Obesity, Weight Management & Control, 5(1)
- Rahman, M.A., Nandi, T., Karim, M.F.B., Ahsan, N., Mitu, S.K. & Sultana, I. Extent of Photo-degradation of Three Different Diazepam Tablet Formulations Available in Transparent Packaging: An UV Analysis. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research (Accepted for Vol. 7, Issue 12; December 2016)
Nandi, T., Rahman, M.A., Pavel, O.F., Liza, S.A., Haque, M.J., Huq, M.A. and Akter, S., 2016. Impact of Calcium-Vitamin D Supplements on the Dissolution Pattern of Ranitidine Hydrochloride Tablets: An in vitro Dissolution Study using UV Spectroscopy. Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Research, 5(5).
Ethnomedicinal uses, phytochemistry, and biological activities of plants of the genus Gynura.
APA format of citation: Bari, M. S., Khandokar, L., Haque, E., Romano, B., Capasso, R., Seidel, V., ... & Rashid, M. A. (2021). Ethnomedicinal uses, phytochemistry, and biological activity of plants of the genus Gynura. Journal of ethnopharmacology, 113834.
Ethanolic extract of Coccinia grandis prevented glucose intolerance, hyperlipidemia and oxidative stress in high-fat diet-fed rats
Siddiqua, S., Jyoti, F. H., Saffoon, N., Miah, P., Lasker, S., Hossain, H., ... & Alam, M. A. (2021). Ethanolic extract of Coccinia grandis prevented glucose intolerance, hyperlipidemia and oxidative stress in high fat diet fed rats. Phytomedicine Plus, 100046.
Conference paper: Ethanol Extract of Coccinia grandis Prevented Obesity, Glucose Intolerance, Hyperlipidemia, Inflammation and Oxidative stress in High Carbohydrate and High Fat Diet Induced Obese Rats
1. Rupali Ghosh, Marium Parvin, Mahzabin Haque Mumu, Marcolin Sarker, Nazia Hoque "Phytochemical and pharmacological investigation of different fractions of Citrus aurantifolia peel" 1st Multidisciplinary Conference on the Social and Life Sciences. P-108
Ghosh, R., Hoque, N., Shanta, M. A., Nasrin, N., Asaduzzaman, M. 2020. Antioxidant, antimicrobial and cytotoxic activities of different fractions of Citrus aurantifolia peel. Dhaka University Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 19(2), 161-168
- Mazharul Islam, Kowshika Sarker, Trisha Das, Rezwana Reaz, and Md. Shamsuzzoha Bayzid, STELAR: A statistically consistent coalescent-based species tree estimation method by maximizing triplet consistency, BMC Genomics, 21:136. (PDF)
- Mostofa Rafid Uddin, Sazan Mahbub, Md Saifur Rahman, and Md Shamsuzzoha Bayzid. SAINT: Self-Attention Augmented Inception-Inside-Inception Network Improves Protein Secondary Structure Prediction. Bioinformatics, Oxford University Press. [Link]
- Md Jakaria, Kowshika Sarker, Mostofa Rafid Uddin, Md. Mohaiminul Islam, Trisha Das, Md Shamsuzzoha Bayzid, Rameen Shakur. eMED-DNA: An in silico operating system for clinical medical data storage within the human genome. Preprint available at: bioRxiv (2019): 814830.
WeFreS: weighted frequent subgraph mining in a single large graph
A novel algorithm for mining freqent subgraphs from a single large graph by taking the weights (i.e. importance) of the edges into consideration.
1. M. Mubassira, and A. K. Das, "The Impact of University Students’ Smartphone Use and Academic Performance in Bangladesh: A Quantitative Study," In: Lee S., Ismail R., Choo H. (eds) Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Ubiquitous Information [PDF]
2. J. Islam, M. Mubassira, M. R. Islam and A. K. Das, "A Speech Recognition System for Bengali Language using Recurrent Neural Network," 2019 IEEE 4th International Conference on Computer and Communication Systems (ICCCS), Singapore, 2019, pp. 73-76. [PDF]